Saturday, March 4, 2017

VaaO episode 10: 04/03/2017 - 'Shout UNO (card game)'

There was gap in visiting the orphanage because of our school’s sports day, but we went this week :) Today we didn’t have anything special, besides teaching the children how to play card games such as “UNO” as well as showing along with teaching them card tricks- shuffling/magic. After doing this activity for 30 minutes we gave them printed sheets to color and coloring pencils. I am actually very happy to see the joy on their face when they see coloring sheets to color, probably because that is something they do rarely. This reminds me of how privileged I am and why I shouldn't be wasting or misusing resources along with reminding me the significance of it. Later, we gave them books to read and we read with the children who weren’t as good in reading or maybe they were just learning. They actually enjoy reading books, and look forward to us to bring them books so they can read it. Towards the end, some of the children started playing football and mini drills of football in small groups, it was pleasurable to see them being creative and doing exceptionally well. They all seem to have benefitted from us today, which is positive and inspiring for us! Another good thing is I also benefit when I go there because it makes me realise the the second type of life, what I have- if I am using it efficiently and I thank god for giving me birth in a privileged family. We’re looking forward to doing another new and interesting activity with the children next week!

PS: We forgot to take pictures/videos today, sorry! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment